François Morini received his master degree in materials science with ceramics specialization from Faculty of Sciences and Technics, Université de Limoges in June 2010. He worked on the synthesis of lead free ceramics with ferroelectrics properties. He joined the Silicon Microelectronics Research Group in October 2010 as PhD student at the Institute of Electronics, Microelectronics and Nanotechnology (IEMN), Université des Sciences et Technologies de Lille. His thesis project deals with thermal energy harvesting based on non-conventional thermoelectricity based on thermionic emission. His research work mainly focuses on the development of low work function electrode materials as alkali metal oxides for high efficiency thermionic energy converter, in ultrahigh vacuum. He has recently experimented a coupled Kelvin probe, UV-Visible photoemission and thermionic emission techniques for work function measurements. He has worked in the frame of the STMicroelectronics-IEMN common lab.
François Morini has been involved in the UPTEG ERC Starting Grant Project (“Unconventional Principles of ThermoElectric Generation” – FP7 ERC-StG n°338179).
List of publications
International journal papers
- Low work function thin film growth for high efficiency thermionic energy converter: coupled Kelvin probe and photoemission study of potassium oxide, MORINI F., DUBOIS E., ROBILLARD J.F., MONFRAY S., SKOTNICKI T, Phys. Status Solidi A-Appl. Mat. Sci., 211, 6 (2014) 1334-1337
- “Structure and electrical properties in the K1/2Bi1/2TiO3–K1/2Bi1/2ZrO3 solid solution (KBT–KBZ)”, M. Bengagi, F. Morini, M. El Maaoui, P. Marchet, (2012), Physica Status Solidi A, 209 (2012) 2063–2072.
- Synthesis and electrical characterisations of a low work function cesium oxide coating for high efficiency thermionic energy converter ”, F. Morini, J. F. Robillard, I.D. Baïkie, S. Monfray, T. Skotnicki, , E. Dubois, E-MRS – MRS bilateral conference, Spring Meeting 2014, May 26-30, Lille, France.
- “Low work function thin film growth for high efficiency thermionic energy converter: coupled Kelvin probe and photoemission study of potassium oxide”, F. Morini, E. Dubois, J. F. Robillard, S. Monfray, T. Skotnicki, E-MRS Spring Meeting 2013, May 27-31, Strasbourg, France.
- “Characterization of PtSi nanowires transferred onto organic film”, A. Lecavelier des Etangs-Levallois, V. Passi, Z. Chen, F. Morini, and E. Dubois, MNE2012 (38th International Conference on Micro and Nano Engineering), Toulouse, France (Sept. 2012).
- “Principe alternatif de conversion thermoélectrique, nouveaux matériaux à faible travail d’extraction”, F. Morini, E. Dubois, T. Skotnicki, S. Monfray, JNRDM 2011 (14e Journées Nationales du Réseau Doctoral de Micro et nanoélectronique), Cachan, France (Mai. 2011).
IEMN – Cité Scientifique – Avenue Poincaré – 59652 VILLENEUVE D’ASCQ CEDEX