Valentina received the Bachelor and the M.S. degrees in Particle Physics from the Università del Piemonte Orientale di Alessandria (Italy), respectively in 2006 and 2009, and the Ph.D. in Nanotechnology from the Università di Trieste (Italy) in 2013. Her Ph.D. thesis project was focused on the development of metamaterials inspired plasmonic structures (the Split Ring Resonator – SRR) for sensing applications, employing a fabrication process based on X-ray lithography as the main technique.
From april 2013 to march 2014, she worked as a postdoctoral researcher at IOM-CNR, Trieste (Italy), and Elettra Syncrotron, Trieste (Italy), working on the fabrication of plasmonic sensors.
In april 2014 she joined the “Groupe Microélectronique Silicium” as a post-doc, in the frame of the ERC UPTEG project . Currently, her research focuses on the development of micro thermionic converters based on low-work function materials.
“Unconventional Principles of ThermoElectric Generation” – FP7 ERC-StG n°338179
International journal papers
- V. Giorgis, P. Zilio, G. Ruﬀato, M. Massari, G. Zacco, F. Romanato, “Resonance properties of thick plasmonic split ring resonators for sensing applications”, Optics Express 22(22)(2014) 26476-26486
- M. Carli, P. Zilio, D. Garoli, V. Giorgis, F. Romanato, “Sub-wavelength conﬁnement of the orbital angular momentum of light probed by plasmonic nanorods resonances”, Optics Express 22(21)(2014) 26302-26311
- V. Giorgis, P. Zilio, M. Massari, G. Ruﬀato, G. Zacco, F. Romanato, “Fabrication of multiple large arrays of Split Ring Resonators by X-ray lithographic process for sensing purposes”, Microelectronic Engineering 127 (2014) 68-71
- D. Sammito, G. Zacco, P. Zilio, V. Giorgis, A. Martucci, J. Janusonis, F. Romanato, “Design and fabrication of a light trapping method for photovoltaic devices based on plasmonic gratings”, Microelectronic Engineering 98 (2012), 440-443
- F. Romanato, M. Massari, T. Ongarello, M. Carli, G. Pirruccio, D. Sammito, V. Giorgis, D. Garoli, R. Bozio, R. Pilot, R. Signorini, P. Schiavuta, F. Marinello, “Design, Fabrication and characterization of Plasmonic Gratings for SERS”, Microelectronic Engineering 88 (2011), 2717-2720
- D. Garoli, M. Natali, G. Parisi, T. Ongarello, E. Sovernigo, M. Massari, V. Giorgis, G. Ruffato, S. De Zuani, F. Romanato, “Fabrication of metamaterials in the optical spectral range”, Microelectronic Engineering 88 (2011), 1951-1954
IEMN – Cité Scientifique – Avenue Poincaré – 59652 VILLENEUVE D’ASCQ CEDEX
Tel.: +33 320 197 975